Little House in Forest Acres

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ahh..I love a project once it's finished



Well, since I don't blog very regularly, no one will probably even see these, but I finished my drapes. They took about 5 or 6 weeks of sewing in my spare time. It was not difficult, but it was a LOT of fabric to deal with. They are triple pinch pleated and lined. I had to cut them out on my kitchen floor. Now, I am ready to sew simple little skirts and jumpers for the girls with no more than a couple yards of fabric per project. And, also I need a bedskirt for our bed because I keep stashing plastic packers/containers under it. It started out just being one and now maybe four or five so it's time to get on the custom bedskirt.

We just finished half of our Spring semester with Classical Conversations (our homeschooling group). The kids had a grand time playing fun games today. It's great to see all they have learned and very encouraging, too. We have company coming over the weekend and a fun dinner party planned for Saturday night. I hope to get some good pics to post later. Also, I've fallen in love with a new book. Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day! Simply wonderful bread. I'll post more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment