Little House in Forest Acres

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Me-Marvelous?


For Mother's Day, the girls Sunday School classes gave us a sweet laminated story each child had made about his or her mother entitled "My Marvelous Mom".

Well, here is what Ava wrote about me.
My Mom has brown hair. She cooks the best chocolate muffins. Everyday she has to brush her hair. She wears lipstick and mascara. She has a rule that you don't bring drinks upstairs. We like to go to Charleston together. I like to hear her sing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star." We play Bingo together. She prays for God to help us not mess up our rooms. If I could give my mom any gift in the world, I would give her clothes.

This is what Jenna wrote:
My Mom's hair is brown with a little blonde. She wears lipstick and powder. She makes yummy fish sticks for me to eat. Everyday she has to fold laundry. She likes to cook food for her friends. We go to restaurants together. I like to hear her sing "Summertime". We play Bingo together. She wears necklaces, bracelets, rings and earrings. She doesn't like for girls to run through the dining room. If I could give my mom any gift in the world, I would give her stuffed animals.
I still am not sure whether laughing or crying would be the most appropriate response to these! I think I sound a bit like a gypsy with all the make up and jewlery references, but oh well that's what they notice. The other things I think are interesting is that Jenna likes to hear me sing "Summertime"- that's a Bon Jovi song, and that she likes my fish sticks (Thanks Mrs. Paul's fish sticks). I mean really no mention of all the stuff I really do cook, just the frozen fish sticks.
The pictures were taken at the zoo yesterday. It was the last "Homeschool" Monday program at the zoo for this school year. You can't really see their skirts too well, but I made them on the serger and even figured out how to do the rolled hem without any difficulty.
Hope everyone had a great Mother's day!




No comments:

Post a Comment