Little House in Forest Acres

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Where has September Gone?

Okay, wasn't it just September 1st a day or so ago? I know they say time speeds up as you get older but really I am not that old, and time is going by so quickly. So, if you are reading this you must want to know what is going on at our house. We were able to play rescue to a friend in need on Friday when her car broke down. She was never so happy to be friends with a homeschooling family because she dropped us back at home, and we let her have our car for the rest of the day. Saturday, our whole family went to the all local farmers market. I just love that place. Then, as a real treat, I went to see the Julie/Julia project with my friend Kristy. Maybe only the second or third time I have been to the theatre since the girls were born. It is a GREAT movie. I read the book and thought it was only okay, but the movie is four stars. I was totally fascinated by Julia Child's life. After the movie, our neighbors had us over for a cook out. Sunday, we returned the favor and had them over for lunch after church.

On Labor Day, we did a little bit of "school", and then went to the Zollers for some food and fun in the pool. It's midweek now, and I am trying not to be nervous about my new sewing class tonight. I'm not the type that usually gets intimidated, but for some reason, I think I might be. On the bright side, a dear friend, Tara is also in the class. Tara and I worked together for 4 years or so at CENTA. She is one of the friends who inspired me to take up sewing in the first place.

We spend Thursday back at Classical Conversations which again is such an inspiration for me. The girls are also living the material and school. They actually ask to do school a lot. I am taking this as a good sign. We are now on the 4th book in the Little House series- "On the Banks of Plum Creek", and the girls are still calling me Ma sometimes. I'm not so fond of this, but last time I asked Jenna not to call me Ma, she said, "okay, Jeannie".

So we do have fun weekend plans, but I don't want to give anything away. So, you will just have to check back next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment