Little House in Forest Acres

Monday, August 31, 2009

Our Supper Co-op

Many of you know, I have been in a supper co-op since October of 2005. I can hardly believe it has been neary 4 years worth of great meals, and friendship on top of that. So, it works like this: We are 1 of 4 families. We cook Monday through Thursday. Each family cooks the main dish only one night and delivers that meal to the other families. For example, tonight, we are having Caribbean chicken salad.

A lot of people, when they find out about this immediately think it is a GREAT idea. Others, however, quickly say, "I could never do that". Well, I took a few pics of the meal I made a week or so ago so you could see what it looks like. It was Italian sausage, peppers and cheese grits. I made the grits in the crock pot. I did have to chop a fair amount of onions and peppers, but it was worth it.

Kelly, Kristi, Sarah and I meet once a quarter (or so) to plan all the meals. Yes, we do allow changes- even last minute ones. Not only have we been through many meals together, but we have been through births, deaths, moves and a whole host of other life events. Another plus, the week of your birthday, everyone brings you a meal, and you get the week off! Now, that's what I call a gift. On that note, I better set the table for our meal....

No comments:

Post a Comment