Little House in Forest Acres

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Food, Inc.

I went to see Food, Inc. last night. It was very thought provoking on how the food we eat in this country is controlled by a few powerful companies, politics, and of course, greed. Last year, Ed and I read "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" by Barbara Kingsolver, and we both loved it. The message from both is really the same. We, as a country, have turned a blind eye regarding where our food and how it gets to our table. I would highly recommend seeing the film and/or reading the book above. Food, Inc. will be out on DVD in October. Now, Barbara and I don't agree on religious views, but otherwise, you will find her book a great read. I think we will get back to buying more things locally. Off to the farmer's market at the zoo after Little Gym today.

No comments:

Post a Comment