Little House in Forest Acres

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Something in the Coffee??

Many of you know I grew up in very rural Kentucky. I remember desperately wanting a mailbox so a mailman could deliver our mail or even just neighbors. My plan was to leave my hometown upon high school graduation and well, honestly, never move back. And, I didn't

Now, before you think it was all bad, there are somethings about living in the country that made my childhood incredibly rich. On the other hand, the city has some things to offer that just can't be had in the country. I am not what most people would call a "country girl", but I do find myself thinking lately of how nice it could be to be slightly more rural (let me define this by saying I mean 30 minutes travel time to a nice city). Before one gets too carried away, let's just take this country living thing in stages. So, this has me thinking -is it because I have taken up sewing and will be homeschooling that I am having these earthy desires? Yikes, I did read that knitting book, too.

Okay, maybe Ed has been putting something in the coffee. That must be it, right??

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Suches is calling your name! If we can ever sell our house we are hoping for a little bit more of a rural feel. We have had enough of our urban experience. Haha!

    ReplyDelete