Little House in Forest Acres

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Life Can Be A Rollercoaster

Since my last post, our lives have been very busy and at times, quite stressful. I feel like I am barely keeping up with the things that need to be done and making even less progress with things I want to do. But, I am encouraged by God's word to us in 1Peter 5:7- Casting all your care upon Him: for He careth for you.

So during those times of discouragement, I take great comfort in God's care for me and my family. On a lighter side, I have in the past month read two great books. One titled "The Help" which is probably the best piece of fiction I have read in a long time. Secondly, one of the funniest books I have ever read "Yarn Harlot: The Secret Life of a Knitter". I was laughing so hard in the hospital waiting room that I was holding back tears (for fear it would disturb the other folks in the waiting room). Now, I know what you are thinking, and I really don't think you have to be a knitter to enjoy this book. I have knitted exactly 3 things in my entire life: a hot pad for my mother when I was probably 8, and 2 scarfs while I was pregnant. If you even think you'd like to knit, I would recommend this book as a funny introduction to where you may be headed. I am trying to resist getting the second in the series something about Free Range knitting. That's all for now. Sorry so brief, but the duties of life are calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment